Thursday, September 15, 2011

Send off week

Time is flying by - I leave for TT the day after tomorrow. I just finished my last day of work before TT and am taking tomorrow off to tie up some loose ends before I leave:
  • Final physical therapy appointment (my knee is really going to miss my regular PT appointments!)
  • Yoga with my TT roomie (we're from the same studio and so blessed to have each other)
  • REI for some last minute supplies
  • Pedicure
  • Sync my phone (my Lady Gaga playlist has been acting up - I hope a sync w/the computer will fix it!)
  • Laundry. So. Much. Laundry.
  • Kitty Pooch grooming appointment (hopefully I can find one!)
  • Costco for my photo print order

It's been a busy week. I haven't thought about packing or leaving or yoga or teaching but a few times this week, so I'm very thankful that I started packing two weeks ago. :)

Last weekend, Mike and my friends spoiled me with a dreamy sendoff. We all started by taking a morning yoga class. I even taught the first three poses of the class. I had asked that morning's instructor if I could not teach any postures that morning, which of course meant she had no choice but to insist that I teach. And I'm so glad she did. The whole thing was a wonderful experience - to share this yoga with the people closest to me. I'm still riding the wave of emotional support.

After yoga we all went out for pizza, where more friends came to wish me farewell. Then Mike and I spent the beautiful Seattle afternoon at the rooftop pool of a swanky Seattle hotel. That evening we took Kitty for a walk around the block that turned into a night on the town, where we had the good fortune to meet up with friends and find a bartender kind enough to let me attempt a yoga pose on his bar top. The photo op was irresistible.

My coworkers have been great too. They threw a yoga sendoff party yesterday, complete with 'yoga food,' some light chanting, and a group yoga class, in which my coworkers took turns trying yoga poses with me. Again, the photo ops were irresistible.

Thank you all for your support and encouragement. I'm overwhelmed with gratitude. I can't wait to get to TT!!





No comments:

Post a Comment